Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Promises



Some of the promises for the New Year for me are to make sure that my son’s name will be mentioned. I want to make my life count for good. I want to be able to help others who have lost children to survive the loss. I want to be a good listener to those who hurt. I want to be kind and compassionate towards others. Caring is a quality that is needed these days. I promise to lift my head up high and be free from the world’s criticisms. I promise to love and to share as sharing is a part of caring. I promise to let go of vain regrets and to hold unto memories of yesterday’s looking forward to a new year.  Losing David will always be a part of me as I step into this New Year and years to come. It is a determining power that will forever guide me. The old year is gone; maybe I should try not to carry its burdens to the New Year.  I can always be thankful that my son has enriched my life in so many ways. He is gone, but will never be forgotten even if I were to live a million years from now.


No comments:

Post a Comment