Friday, April 4, 2014

To All Those Who Have Mourned a Child



I have a special tenderness and affection for all sufferers especially those who have lost a child. Many look at our grief as prolonged and they get accustomed to it. Therefore they do not seem to care anymore as before or to console further. I am sure that many of you experience this type of resentment by so many who have not experienced such a loss. They do not realize that this type of sorrow is constantly with us.

I was told by many that time will soften my grief. The grief is not gentle or soft as they say, but I have learned to endure it as time goes by.  Love and loss go hand in hand. Because of my great love for my son I experience profound affliction. Around me everything is void as all I want is his presence. There is so much pain behind my smiling countenance. No one understands the weight of grief that I experience. Yet I believe in immortality without which there is no future.

I believe that we are great. Our greatness can be gauged by our sympathy. My heart goes out to all those who lost a child. I feel that I am one of them and therefore can comprehend them. I put myself in their place and know why they think the way they do and why they do the things that they do. I put myself in their place and instead of blaming them, I feel sorry for them. My knowledge of their loss is based on my loss.

I see all this as a great and profound subject that is limitless in extent and that guides me to live in a sphere of conscious caring and feeling for others. When I am with grieving parents I feel their presence and acknowledge their superiority to others as they have been educated by the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment