Monday, December 7, 2015

The Coffin



David died in August 2003. This was written in my diary on January 30, 2004.

It is dark and very cold outside. I could not sleep any longer. I woke up with a subdued spirit and sadness. I often think of David lying in his coffin with the total powerlessness of the head laid motionless, the rigidity of the repose, the quietness and gloom of the coffin, indicating how lonely this must be. My heart skips a beat at the thought. I look up at the sky in search of him. Its appeal to me reminds me of what is immortal in us. It speaks to me more and more now than ever before. I see the bright glow as it gleams through the clouds reminding me of God’s glory and David being there and enjoying the goodness of the Lord. Today I cried loudly for David. My eyelids curl over and hurt. I am in more pain now than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment