Monday, December 11, 2017

Grief Books

After my son died, I began to read and read about grief. I found many books about grief. Many of these books are written by professionals in the field. They talk about grief as being work. They describe the stages of grief with no feeling or emotion and what should one do or not do. The information is cold and boring as they could not point to the pain and despair that I was experiencing and still experience. They could not because they did not lose a child and have no clue about these feelings. The books that helped me the most were written by parents who lost children. I began to write articles for the Compassionate Friends. These were published monthly. Finally I put them in a book titled "Topics in Grief" by Leila Koepp. It is on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment