Monday, December 3, 2018

My Christmas Wishes



I wish that David did not die. I wish that I had him back. I wish that David could hug me again and that I could hug him too. I miss his big hugs and his continual presence and daily phone calls.   I wish that things were different. I wish that life did not deal me such pain. I wish that I had the power to reverse things. I wish that I could get peace over this calamity. I wish that I could feel comfort and get back into life. I wish that I could be me again. I wish that I could embrace life again as before. I wish that I could heal. I wish that I could find the thing that would make this loss bearable; I wish that I could reach a state of calmness and peace.

How I wish that I could start all over. Before I sleep I wish and pray that I would see David in a dream. I wish that there was a prescription for a heartache. If I can only have another glimpse of him!

Sometimes I wish my days away. I wish that David is with me.  I wish that I could have had him for a longer period of time. I wish that I could see David pull up on the driveway and come into the house. I wish that he would come home for Christmas to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with us.

I wish that we could be that family again. I wish that I had a chance to say goodbye. How I wish that I could give him everything. Oh how I wish that I had not lost him. I want him back so badly. I know that I cannot have him, but I continue to wish anyway. It is hopeless wishing. It is useless wishing, but it is wishing anyway. Now I wish that his death is only a dream. Oh how I wish that I were in years past, when David was with us. I want to hear his voice again. I wish that I could describe how I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment