Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Hawk

When David died my husband began to associate the sighting of a hawk as a sign for seeing David. He would sit on the deck and look at the sky and say: “Talk to me David, talk to me”. Often a hawk would come by, do a fly by and then leave, and he would feel consoled as if David gave him a sign that he was safe. I then began to associate the hawk with David as well. Many times whenever I think of him, I see a hawk either flying or perched on a tree. 

Many times the hawk appears when I am making a major decision as if David is reassuring me that I made the right call. The other day I went to see a friend of mine whom I have not seen for a long time. The minute I arrived as her house a big hawk came flying by and perched on a light post. This is what I captured. He stayed there for a long time and then he took off.

The hawk has become our sign for David. We look and search for hawks whenever we drive and wherever we are. We gaze at the hawk until he disappears. Often the hawk flies close by and circles around for a long time and I just gaze and gaze in awe at the beauty of such a creature and long for my son as I look upwards towards
the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment