Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers Day



The greatest commission on earth is to be a mother. The magic of motherhood is a wonderful role that we play in life. There are certain expectations from motherhood. A mother protects and guards her children. She nourishes them and cares for them even when they become older and self sufficient. A mother knows and feels when her child needs her.  It is as if a mother has a 6th sense. As if there are vibes and extrasensory perception that only a mother feels. Does a mother quit being a mother when she loses her child?
  
As a mother I feel such loss and devastation on Mother’s Day.  I cannot conceive of my son being gone, no matter how many times I rehearse this fact. How do I do it? I think of all that we did together. I think of all the love. I draw on memories of my beloved son who has touched my life with his words, his deeds and the beauty of his character which sustain me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment