Wednesday, August 29, 2018

How Do you do it?



Since David died, I have been asked many times “How do you do it?” Those who ask me even add, “I do not think that I could do it” I usually do not attempt to answer the question and simply talk about something else. Sometimes they add, “You are strong, I could not do it if it were me”. They give me the feeling that they love their children more than I love mine.

I just walk from room to room, look at his pictures, and touch each one. I touch his colorful hat that I have placed in the kitchen. I then touch the walls that he painted. I water the plants that he left behind. I hug myself pretending that I am hugging him. I talk to him. I see him in everything. I listen to his music, which makes me feel closer to him. I see his love everywhere. It follows me as I go from one thing to the next. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment